WATER LEAK DETECTION MIAMI
The Steps To Find a Water Leak in Your Home or Business
Our slogan says it best, “Leak Detection Without Destruction.”
Most people find out about their water leak once they get the surprise “through the roof ” high water bill at the end of the month. The good news is that the water service company usually refunds part of the bill once the water leak has been fixed. Here is the step by step process that licensed plumbers take to properly find a leak in the cold or hot water lines quickly and effectively.
• Step One: First locate your water meter to see if the clock is still moving and recording usage. This meter is usually several feet away from the building. It can be in front by the sidewalk or behind the building covered by a lid inside a valve box.
• Step Two: Shut off the main shut off gate valve located near the building. This will stop the supply of water to the building then check the meter. If the meter is still moving then the leak is located in the section of pipe from the meter to the valve.
• Step three: If the leak is inside open the shut off valve and check all the toilets and any visible valves / faucets in the building. If the meter is still running continue to step five.
• Step Four: Now we must determine if the leak is in the hot or cold water pipe. Go to your water heater and shut of the gate valve for the hot water line. If the meter still moves we now know the water leak is in the cold water pipe.
• Step Five: At this point the leak has become a little more difficult to find because it most probably located under ground or beneath a concrete slab. To find these types of water leaks, specialty ultrasound equipment is used. This device uses a high quality microphone connected to the affected pipe, floor or wall to locate running water through the pipe. As the frequency of the sound increases the closer you are to the leak until it is located. Usually a experience plumber will go eliminating sections of the house until the leak is found.
Water Leak Detection Miami – Dr. Pipe Leak Detection’s expert technicians use non-invasive leak detection equipment to accurately locate leaks to save water, money and avoid unnecessary property damage. We are Miami’s leader in the accurate, non-destructive detection of all leaks including hidden water, sewer and gas leaks.
Technicians can determine the location of a leak by electronically locating the damaged source. Even the smallest leak or pipe defect can be located accurately. This is a distinct contrast to conventional trial-and-error methods of leak detection. The end result means leaks can be found and repaired with minimal destruction to property.